How To Study For Exams

John Rick, Inside BHS Editor

The end of the semester can be a very stressful time for you and many other students. The second quarter is coming to close and exams are also coming soon. I am hoping to be able to take away some of this stress by giving you some tips about studying for exams. 

First, you should figure out what they need to get on all of their exams. Many websites are available that will do the calculations for you. An example of one of these sites would be Rogerhub.com. If you want to do it yourself, you take your desired final grade minus quarter one grade multiplied by 0.4 and quarter two multiplied by 0.4. After you have that number, you divide it by 0.2. This will result in the exam grade that you need. 

Once you know what you need on all your exams, you can decide what exams to focus your study time on. You should try to focus on the exams that you need the highest grade on first. Exam schedule can also be a factor when deciding what exam to focus on. 

If you have any exam exemptions, you need to take advantage of them. They can help take off some of the stress of exam week. You should try and exempt the exam in which you need the highest grade on or you can exempt an exam based on when it is. Exam exemptions need to be turned in on Monday or they will not be accepted. If you use an exam exemption, you do not need to show up for that period.

I recommend making a list of what you need to do for exam week. The list should include homework and studying. When you make the list, you should try and plan out when you will do each thing. 

Ethan Hsu, a junior at Beavercreek High School, said, “Make sure you get a good night’s sleep.” Sleep can have a huge effect on how you do on exams. During exam week, the school day ends early so try and go to bed early to get a good night’s sleep.

Good luck on exams next week!