The Best Part Of the Holidays-Gifts

John Rick, Inside BHS Editor

Everyone loves the Holiday season. It is a time of joy and celebration. The holiday time is one of the only times of the year when the whole family can be together. Many families do different things for the holidays, but all families give gifts during the holidays. 

Giving gifts is the best part of the holidays for a multitude of reasons. First off, it is a nice family activity. It is a time when the family gathers around to give each other gifts. It is an activity that really unites the family.

Secondly, receiving gifts gives the receiver a great feeling. It makes him or her feel loved and appreciated. He or she also get something that they will get to use and appreciate for the rest of their life.

Thirdly, giving someone a gift can give you such a great feeling. Seeing the joy on someone’s face after he or she opens your present is just an incredible feeling. 

Giving gifts also gives you an opportunity to show your feelings for your friends, family, and significant others. Enoch Graham, a junior at Beavercreek High School, said, “Giving gifts shows how much we love and appreciate others.” 

Some friends and or families do something called a white elephant party. A white elephant party is when everyone attending brings a gift and then one person picks a gift and opens it. The next person to go can either choose a new gift or take that persons’ gift. It ends when all the gifts are opened and everyone has one. A white elephant party can be a great way to celebrate the holiday season. 

The holiday season is a great time of year. Giving gifts is what makes this time of year so great.