The House of Representatives impeaches President Trump

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

The House of Representatives passed two articles of impeachment on President Donald Trump last December. Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House, and the House of Representatives launched the impeachment inquiry on Trump on September 24, 2019. 

The charges against President Trump were obstruction of Congress and abuse of power. Then on December 18, 2019, the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Trump.

President Trump will only get evicted from office with a two-thirds vote in the Senate. The timing of this vote is not decided yet.

This impeachment will have a giant impact on our country. The impeachment could increase political polarization in America as Democrats and Republicans continue to feud over the impeachment of Trump in the House of Representatives. 

Students at Beavercreek High School might have different opinions on how the impeachment will affect the country. Ethan Hsu, a junior at Beavercreek High School, said, “The impeachment will be beneficial for the country because I think he is a bad president.” 

The 2020 presidential election will also be affected by the impeachment of Trump. It could mobilize many Trump supporters who believe he should not have been impeached. Other Trump supporters may be discouraged from voting for him after the House of Representatives vote. Many democratic presidential candidates are senate members, so they are very busy with the impeachment and cannot focus on their campaign as much as other candidates.