Writer’s Corner Contest

Back to Article
Back to Article

Writer’s Corner Contest

Sarah Khobaib, Student Journalist

Calling all writers! Finding the perfect writing contest can be exasperating, but this competition may be the one for you. Writer’s Corner is looking for writers, editors, and artists who want to help others improve their work and gain feedback from their peers. They are hosting their 8th annual writing contest! Submit your piece by Friday, February 28, 2020 by 3 p.m. to enter. 

The contest has two categories: short fiction and poems. You may enter up to one piece in each category. There will be up to three winners in each category, with gift cards as prizes. Elias Bouchendouka won first place in the 2019 short story division and Nichole Weinert won first place in the 2019 poetry division. Talk to Mrs. Russ or anyone in Writer’s Corner for more information. “This is a great opportunity to showcase my writing ability,” said Beavercreek student Emelie Sandberg. 

Writer’s Corner is always looking for writers, editors, and artists who want to help others improve their work and gain feedback from peers. They meet Friday every other week, work on writing prompts, and read over other people’s writing. Writer’s Corner isn’t just for writers! The Writer’s Corner website features a gallery waiting to be filled with gorgeous artwork. Submit your artwork to Mrs. Russ for a chance for it to be featured on the website.