Beavercreek Bowling Rolls Through The Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

The Beavercreek High School bowling teams are eight games through the season. The Beavercreek High School varsity boys’ bowling team has a record of 8-0, and the Beavercreek High School varsity girls’ bowling team has a record of 4-4. 

Both teams compete in matches during the week with practices in between. The Beavercreek High School boys’ and girls’ bowling teams both compete in the Baker Bash Tournament on Monday January 20, 2020. The boys’ bowling team is hoping to add on to their undefeated record. Next Monday in the Baker Bash the girls’ bowling team can achieve a winning record.

At the end of the season teams compete in sectionals. Teams might also compete a district competition and possibly a state competition depending on how the team does. If a does wins all of those competitions they will go to a national competition. 

Last year both teams made it to the state competition and the national competition. This was a great achievement for both teams. Hopefully they can both repeat their success from last year. 

The bowling team can be a great experience for student at Beavercreek High School. Allison Gaines, a member of the Girls’ bowling team, said, “The High School bowling program is fun, enjoyable, and can get pretty stressful.” Check the Beavercreek High School website for more information about the bowling team.

Finally, Make sure to go support both teams in the Baker Bash Tournament on Monday January 20, 2020.