Peer Listening Hosts Carnation Sale

Mark Rick, Opinion Section Editor

Are you trying to make someone’s day? Do you like flowers? Do you want to do something nice for someone? Do you want to help a good cause? If you answered yes to any of these questions you should consider buying a carnation from Peer Listening. 

Carnations will be sold during lunch until February 7th. Carnations are $1 each or $10 for a dozen. If you buy carnations they will be delivered on Valentine’s Day. They can be delivered to anyone you choose, even yourself. 

Peer Listening is a class where students help other students by just listening. Peer Listening also does a lot of fun fundraisers. For example, they ran the spikeball tournament as a fundraiser. The winner of that even got free prom tickets!

The carnation sale is another fundraiser by Peer Listening. All the money from the carnation sale will go toward helping fund Peer Listening.  Peer Listening runs things like Hoops for Hope, which raised money for Project Bright Star. Peer Listening also helps out around the school in other ways. For example, Peer Listening set up the stress dogs in the aux gym during exam week. 

Cooper Hansen, a member of Peer Listening and a junior at BHS, says “Peer Listening is a great resource for students who are new and or struggling with challenges in their own lives.” Peer Listening helps out students around the school. Buying a carnation can help a good cause and make someone’s day.