Kobe’s Legacy Continues

Kobe’s Legacy Continues

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

On Sunday 26, 2020 a helicopter crash resulted in the death of nine people. Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant, were two of the nine people that died. This is a great tragedy and we would like to offer our condolences to the family of Kobe Bryant and the families of others involved in the crash. 

The helicopter was going to a basketball game when this crash happened. Kobe was expected to coach and Gianna was expected to play in this game. They rode to the game along with others. Others that passed away from this crash are one of Gianna’s teammate and John Altobelli, a college baseball coach. 

This tragic event has changed the lives of many. Kobe meant a lot to multiple people, including people at Beavercreek High School. Chase Bennett, a student at Beavercreek High School, said, “He was one of the greatest ever and I looked up to him as a player and person, he was more than just a basketball player.”

After this news was released, many Lakers’ fans gathered outside of Staples Center, the Lakers’ stadium. This is because Kobe Bryant spent his whole NBA career with the lakers and he has had an outstanding impact on the Los Angeles area. Fans also used his number 24 jersey to make a shrine to honor him. 

Along with this many NBA teams have honored Kobe Bryant by taking 24 second violations and eight second violations. Those are both the numbers that Kobe Bryant wore during his 20 season career. Many players across the league have posted on twitter to show their respect and love to Kobe and his family.