Why The Chiefs Will Win The Super Bowl

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

Super Bowl LIV will be played this Sunday, February 2, 2020. It will be aired at 6:30 pm EST. The two teams in the Super Bowl are the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. The Kansas City Chiefs are the team from the AFC (American Football Conference) and the San Francisco 49ers are the team from the NFC (National Football Conference). 

The San Francisco 49ers ended the season 13-3 (13 wins and 3 losses). Some of their notable wins include a win against the Green Bay Packers, the New Orleans Saints, and the Seattle Seahawks. 

The Kansas City Chiefs had a record of 12-4 at the end of the season. Their two most notable wins were against the New England Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens. 

Many argue that this game will be decided by the matchup between the San Francisco 49ers defense and the Kansas City Chiefs offense. People think this because the 49ers are most known for their defense, while the Chiefs are more known for their offense. 

I would argue that the Kansas City Chiefs will win because I believe their defense has really improved, and has become a championship defense throughout the season. Cole Baker, a student at Beavercreek High School, said, “Tyran Mathieu has finally brought back the same skill gap he had in college versus the other players, and no one can beat him.” Tyran Mathieu is a safety for the Kansas City Chiefs. 

I believe the Kansas City Chiefs will win Super Bowl LIV because I think the Kansas City Chiefs offense is good enough to break down the San Francisco 49ners defense and the Chiefs defense is championship level talent.