What is the School Doing for Valentine’s Day

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

Valentine’s Day is almost here! Let’s take a look at how Beavercreek High School helps you celebrate it. 

Peer Listening, a club at Beavercreek High School, is running a carnation sale that ends on Friday February 7, 2020. The carnations that are bought will be delivered on Valentine’s Day, Friday February 14, 2020.

The money from this sale goes to Peer Listening. Peer Listening helps host and run multiple events that happen at Beavercreek High School. For example peer listening ran a spike ball tournament early this year. The winners of the tournament got free tickets to prom. 

Along with helping organize events at Beavercreek High School, they also help students at Beavercreek High School. They are always available for students to come and talk about their struggles. The money from this carnation sale would help Peer Listening run smoothly.

Student Council is running something called matchmaker. Earlier this year students were offered a chance to fill out a survey. Student Council creates a list for every student who filled out the survey. The list includes people whose survey answers were similar to theirs. 

You can buy these lists for one dollar during the week of Valentines day. Isabel Moran, a member of Student Council, said, “The money raised will go to Blue Star Mothers.” Blue Star Mothers is a nonprofit organization that helps mothers with children in the U.S. Army.