To All the Boys I Loved: P.S. I Love You is Surprisingly Successful

Sarah Khobaib, Student Journalist

It is rare for romantic comedies to have sequels, oftentimes because there is really nothing more to be added to keep an audience’s attention after the happy ending. However, the sequel to the 2018 film To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, has been surprisingly successful. Directed by Michael Fimognari, both romantic hits star Lana Canador as Lara Jean. In its predecessor, Lara’s life is thrown into chaos when her little sister Kitty, played by Anna Cathcart, mailed out five love letters, which resulted in a strew of romantic mix-ups and Lara falling in love with one of the recipients, Peter Kavinsky (played by Noah Centineo). The sequel, P.S. I Still Love You, explores their newly formed relationship.

P.S. I Still Love You develops the characters’ personalities and relationships further, keeping you on the edge of your seat. The scenes where Lara Jean and Peter explore their relationship by trying out new things are adorable. However, questions surface when Lara Jean starts to catch feelings for a recipient of one of those five letters, John Ambrose, who enters her life again. The journey will definitely keep you hooked, as Lara Jean navigates her feelings between two boys and must decide which one truly has her heart. Watching P.S.I Still Love You with popcorn and blankets is the perfect way to spend Friday night, and it will leave you with great feelings when it’s over.