Go Support the Beavers

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

This Sunday, March 8, the Beavercreek High School boys basketball team plays Lakota East in the district finals. The game is at 1:00 PM and is at the Xavier University Cintas Center. 

This game is a very important to our school and the basketball program. The last time our basketball team made a district appearance was in 2012. Also, the last time our boys basketball team won the district championship was when we were in the Western Ohio League. 

The Western Ohio League was the conference we were in before we entered the Greater Western Ohio Conference (GWOC). Gwoc was founded in 2001, so it has been awhile since our basketball team has won a district final. 

Beavercreek High School is setting up a spirit bus that will shuttle students to the game on Sunday, March 8. The bus will leave on Sunday some time between 11:30 and 11:45 AM. You can get a spot on a spirit bus by purchasing a pre-sale ticket from Beavercreek High School.

You can purchase these tickets for six dollars in the athletic office. The pre-sale is going on all this week, and 50 percent of the profits from the pre-sale go to Beavercreek High School. If you purchase a ticket during the pre-sale, you will get to ride the spirit bus to support our boys basketball team. 

The spirit bus is a good opportunity to show your school pride and can also be a fun experience to share with your friends. Ben Albrecht, a junior at Beavercreek High School, who is riding the spirit bus said, “The spirit bus is an easy and fun way to get an excited student body to support the basketball team.”