Running Back to the Top

Ana Pohlmann, Staff Writer

For all sports, competitions seem a little bit weird this year. Due to COVID-19, all GWOC teams are only allowed to compete in their conference. However, this doesn’t seem to phase our men’s and women’s cross country teams, as they have easily beaten all GWOC schools in their meets this season. 

After ending their previous season with a state title, our girls team is currently ranked 2nd in the state in the most recent polls. With four seniors gone from the past season, current senior Juliann Williams said, “In my unit we have a ton of freshmen and it has been so fun to lead them with the 3 other seniors in my group and get to know all of them!” Also, with new guidelines set in place due to COVID, Williams went on to say, “On top of racing, things look different in practice, social aspects of cross country, literally everything.” 

For both mens and womens, they have won their first two meets with individual winners as well. Leading the women’s team this year in addition to Williams are seniors Abigail Hobbs, Ashtyn Gluck, and Ally Schwieterman. Leading the varsity men are seniors Connor Ewert, Ryan Massie, Andrew Radford, and Isaac Leighninger. We wish all of the cross country athletes good luck in tomorrow’s meet in Springboro.