Beavercreek High School Gets New Principals: Mr. Evans

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

This school year we have a few new principals at Beavercreek High School. Our new head principal is Mr. Wren, and our two new assistant principals are Mr. Evans and Mr. Reynolds. In this article we will learn a little bit about our new assistant principal, Mr. Evans. 

Before coming to Beavercreek High School, Mr. Evans served as an assistant principal for Wayne High School. Mr. Evans taught a media and technology class for 16 years at Urbana High School before becoming an assistant principal at Wayne High School. While teaching at Urbana High School, he also coached junior varsity basketball.

Mr. Evans graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications. After graduating from the University of North Carolina he got his masters of education from Wright State. 

This school year is going to be different from others and will come with many challenges. Mr. Evans said, “The biggest challenge has been trying to plan for students to arrive and then having to amend those plans as we go.” Another challenge that our new principals are facing is planning for three school years if we ever need to change to a blended or all online schedule. 

Mr. Evans said that Beavercreek’s tradition of excellence is what brought him year. He also said that Beavercreek High School is one of the best schools in the area and that he wanted to be a part of that environment. 

Finally Mr. Evans would like to give a shout-out to Mrs. Bailey. This year our administration is full of new people. Mrs. Bailey is the only principal that was with Beavercreek High School last year. She has had to take a lot of the work load and get used to a new administrative staff. Mr. Evans would like us to appreciate all that Mrs. Bailey has done this year.