Board Meeting Schedule Decision

Ana Pohlmann, Staff Writer

Recently, there has been a rise in speculation on what next week’s schedule will look like. For the past two weeks, grades K-12 have been placed in a “blended” learning environment. The Board of Education discussed how we will move forward into the school year. 

Beavercreek City Schools have been placed on a schedule where students with the last names of A-K are in-person on Mondays and Wednesdays, and last names L-Z are in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students and families were told that this schedule would only last for a minimum of two weeks. On October 29th, the Board had a meeting discussing whether we would continue blended learning or go in-school traditionally. Following the meeting, the Board sent an email to all parents in regards to the final decision which states, “our school district will resume traditional in-person instruction, 5 days a week for grade levels K-12, effective Monday, November 2, 2020.” The prominent factor with this result is that most students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 were “a result of activities outside of our school buildings.” For online students, they will resume with virtual instructions. 

If you would like more information or access to view the meeting, visit https://www.gocreek.org/apps/news/article/1328162#:~:text=Dear%20Beavercreek%20Families%2C&text=Accordingly%2C%20our%20school%20district%20will,continue%20to%20receive%20instruction%20online