Best Places To See Christmas Lights

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

As we continue to get closer to Christmas and get deeper into the holiday season, you may be wondering how you can get into the christmas spirit. If you are looking for a fun christmas activity to do with friends or family, I recommend going to see christmas lights. The displays that places set up are just breathtaking, and its a good way to get into the Christmas spirit. In this article I will tell you about some of the places where you can see christmas lights. 

A good option to see Christmas lights is “A Carillon Christmas” at Carillon Park. “A Carillon Christmas” includes more than just christmas lights. It includes other festivities such as live music and Santa Clause will be there. This activity is free for Dayton History Members. If you are not a Dayton History Member prices range from 12 dollars to free of charge depending on your age. You must buy your tickets in advance if you want to participate in “A Carillon Christmas.” The address of Carillon Park is 1000 Carillon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45409. 

“Light up Middletown” is another good option to see christmas lights. “Light up Middletown” has a great display of lights, but unfortunately there are no Santa House visits this year due to COVID-19 restrictions. Chase Bennett, a senior at Beavercreek High School, said, “Light up Middletown is the best place for Christmas lights because you drive through the area to view the lights, which allows you to stay warm and listen to Christmas music as you look at the lights.” The price of this activity is set by the customer. Any cash donation will grant you entry. The address of “Light up Middletown” is 500 Tytus Avenue. 

My final suggestion is the “Legendary Lights at Clifton Mill.” The “Legendary Lights at Clifton Mills” are lit from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. They are available for every every night until the night before Christmas Eve. Parking at Clifton Mill is free. Admission is 10 dollars for anyone four years or older. People age three or younger get in for free. 

Hopefully this gives you some ideas for some fun ways to celebrate Christmas.