New President Brings New Action

New President Brings New Action

Cooper Hansen, Student Journalist

Although the 2020 election was very controversial, on January 20th, 2021, former vice president Joe Biden became the 46th president of the United States. An investigation led by former President Donald Trump to find any voter fraud in the election was inconclusive. Now our nation moves on from the election in support of our new president.

President Biden has been quite busy since taking office. Biden’s focus has been on combating the corona virus pandemic, reforming immigration, and changing climate policies. To provide relief to those most affected by the corona virus pandemic, Biden has introduced a $1.9 trillion relief package. This package would include $1,400 for Americans who are unemployed due to the corona virus. 

In the first two days of Biden’s presidency, he has signed multiple executive orders to reform immigration laws. Biden orders to stop all construction of Trump’s border wall and to provide a pathway for 11 undocumented immigrants to gain citizenship in America. 

President Biden, after taking office, immediately rejoined the Paris Climate Agreement, which America had previously left under Trump’s presidency. Although Biden promised to formulate a plan by 2050 to have a 100 percent clean energy economy, he has not year signed an executive order to do so. 

In the future, President Biden plans to push for tax reform, gun violence reform, and human rights advancement. President Biden has a goal of unifying the nation during these uncertain times. The American people right now more than ever hope that President Biden can fulfill his promise and our nation can be unified in love.