Class Applications are Still Available

Class Applications are Still Available

Chase Bennett, Student Journalist

There are many classes at BHS that you can still apply to take next school year. If you would like to take Newspaper, Peer Listening, Student Council, or Yearbook in the 2021-2022 school year, applications are still available. 

In Newspaper, you are involved in many different activities around the school. You make the morning announcements, play music on music friday’s, and write these articles for the online newspaper. If you want to apply, talk to Mrs. Russ in room 2052. 

In Peer Listening, you plan different school events, visit schools to talk about suicide prevention, and provide a listening ear for other students in need around the school. You can pull students out of their class and walk around the school during your period, talking about their life. If you are a good listener and like to impact others lives, consider joining Peer Listening.

In student council, you plan different school events like homecoming or pep rallies. You set up and tear down these events, and help them run smoothly for the other students at BHS. If you have an interest in getting involved inside BHS, student council is the right place to be. 

Yearbook is a class where you write articles, take pictures, and design the yearbook that the students receive at the end of the year. If you are interested in computer design, photography, or writing, pick up an application in the main office, Mrs. Creech, or the yearbook webpage. 

Applications for these four classes end soon, so make sure you apply quickly if you have interest in any of them.