Pools are Better Than Beaches

Spencer Hancock, Sports Section Editor

When you relax in the summer, swimming is the most popular activity. However there are two different places people swim: the beach and the pool. My argument is that contrary to popular opinion the pool is a better place to swim than the beach.

There are lots of great things about going to the beach such as playing around in the sand or swimming with the tide. However, the beach is often not as relaxing or satisfying as a pool is. After a day at the beach you are often beaten by the tide and the sand. It’s often very crowded and the sand gets everywhere leading to a rather uncomfortable day even if it is fun. 

Meanwhile going to the pool can be much more relaxing. It is much easier to swim in a pool without the tide, and there isn’t any saltwater like there is normally at a beach. Although there is no sand, the pool will always be the right temperature and a great place to relax. 

One student at Beavercreek High School, Josh Champagne, said, “I think pools are better than beaches because I don’t like getting salt water in my mouth all the time.” I personally would have to agree with this opinion since I have accidentally swallowed salt water at a beach many times. 

In the end, I think that both pools and beaches have their uses. Each can be an enjoyable experience in their own way, but if I had to choose one over the other I would choose to go to the pool every time.