FAFSA Ends Soon!

Cooper Hansen, Student Journalist

Free Application for Federal Application Student Aid (FAFSA) is due on October 1st, 2020, for seniors. 

College can be daunting and intimidating if you don’t know how you are going to get through it financially. FAFSA is a great way to determine your financial eligibility and pay for college. To start filing out your FAFSA form, visit Fafsa.gov. First you will have to create a FAFSA ID before you can fill out your FAFSA form.

There is a lot of important information you will need to include in your form:

• Your social security number. It is very important that you input this number correctly so your form can be valid. 
  • Your parents social security number. This is only necessary if you are a dependent student. 
  • Your drivers license number. This is only relevant if you have a license. 
  • Your Alien registration number. This is only important if you are not a U.S. citizen. 
  •  Your Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information. If you are a dependent student, you must also include your parents tax information as well. 
  • Records of your untaxed income such as child support.
  • Information on checking account balances and assets you have. 

Many students at Beavercreek High School are planning to move on to college after their high school experience. Although college can be stressful and uncertain, filling out the FAFSA form can alleviate a lot of stress that comes financially. Make sure to fill out this form before October 1st, 2021 or the request will not be processed.