Beavers Swim to Success at State Championships

Cooper Hansen, Student Journalist

This past weekend at Canton McKinley High School, the Beavercreek Swim Team competed in the Ohio State Championships. The team was able to bring 4 boys and 4 girls to represent the beavers at this prestigious competition. The boys were represented by juniors Dylan Edge, Micheal Rine, and Ethan Otten, as well as senior Wesley Schauer. The girls were represented by senior Ashytn Gluck, junior Lily Warren, sophomore Abby Woolford, and freshman Chloe Otten.

Both the boys and girls excelled at this meet with their relay teams. The boys team took a 1st place victory in the 400 free relay and finished 6th overall with only 4 swimmers! Edge also had an impressive 200 free race taking 1st in the state. Good job, boys!

The girls had a great relay finishing 11th in the 400 free relay. Woolford not only helped her team in the relay, but she also claimed a remarkable 2nd place in both the 200 free and 500 free. Overall the girls finished 16th overall. Amazing work girls!

Gluck shares how this year at state “was so exciting to finally have spectators watch since no one has been allowed to watch the whole season.” Gluck continues, “I’m super proud of our relay and the 400 free relay for moving up a spot and finishing in 11th.”

Although Schauer and Gluck graduate this year, the future of Beavercreek swimming looks bright for years to come.