End of the Boys Basketball Season

Caitlyn Russell, Student Reporter

The Beavercreek boys basketball team’s slogan is #WhateverItTakes, and that saying fits perfectly with how their season looked like this year. With some great players this year, the Beavercreek varsity basketball team made it all the way to the sectional championship, they played against Centerville at Butler High School. Even though the score was 73-48. The boys played with all they had and still had a great season. 

The team has a number of skills players on it, but one of the things that makes a team great is communication skills and sportsmanship, and our Beavercreek team has a lot of that. Junior Pierce Doyle says that ”Through ups and downs my teammates would always be at my side, basketball is more than a sport, it creates families”. The boys basketball team made many friendships and created a team that was more like a family to each other

A lot of new things happened this year, first Beavercreek made it all the way to the sectional championships and that was a great accomplishment already, but for the players in general Congratulations to Gabe Phillips for tying the GWOC record of most shots blocked with a total number of 131 shots blocked. Also Gabe Phillips and Adam Duval were named in the All Southwest Ohio honorable mention. Finally, seniors Siloam Baldwin and Braden Grant received special mention at all conference honors. The boys basketball team had a great season and we are all so excited for what will happen next season.