What is Next For Marvel?

AJ Houseknecht, Student Journalist

After Avengers: Endgame came out in 2019, Marvel fans have been wondering what is next for the Avengers franchise. Since then we’ve gotten WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but there has always been the question of what is next? Well we’ve got all the answers for you. 

In May of 2021, Black Widow is expected to be released.  Also in 2021, we will see the release of Shang-Chai and the Legends of the Ten Rings, The Eternals, Spider-Man 3. First off, the Black Widow will take place right after Captain America Civil War. Shang-chi Will feature Marvel’s first ever Asian lead fighting the Mandarin. Time Magazine states that “the head of Marvel Comic Con promised that this Mandarin would be the real one after the fake one was seen in Iron Man 3.” No hoaxes from Marvel on this one. Next, The Eternals will be a movie about a race of superhumans Who called themselves the eternals. Finally, Spider-Man 3 will include past portrayals of Spider-Man and will star Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland. 

Then in 2022 we will see the release of Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and Captain Marvel 2. For Thor: Love and Thunder, Thor’s hammer will be raised by a woman as she battles against Gorr the God Butcher. During Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch will explore the Multiverse together. Not much is known about Captain Marvel 2 except that it will be a fenomenal sequel to the original movie.

These next ones are still working on the release dates: Black Panther 2, Blade, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantum Mania. All of these movies are still under wraps in the Marvel world, but for the Black Panther 2, there are hopes that Shuri will return as the Black Panther. Both Blade and Fantastic Four will be Marvel reboots of the original movies and will be released sometime in the near future. For the other two however, there is not a lot to say except that these two amazing movie series finally will become trilogies. 

Whether you are a Guardians of the Galaxy fan, a Spider-Man fan, or hoping for a new superhero to fangirl about, Marvel has something coming for you in the next couple of years. Every Marvel fan out there can tell you that they can’t wait for these movies to be released. As for me, I’m going to go binge watch The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.