Back To School in Ohio

Caitlyn Russell, Student Reporter

As many children in grades K-12 head back to school this fall, a lot of questions are in the air and one of the most common questions that we hear is, “Are students going to wear masks?” and every school has a different answer. 

The Greene County schools have many different answers to this and Fairborn schools is now one of the only schools that is requiring masks to be worn at all times. Fairborn schools state that “Requiring students and staff to wear masks will eliminate quarantine when exposed to a positive COVID-19 person, keeping students safe and in the classroom.” There are some schools in Montgomery County that agree with Fairborn and are enforcing mask mandates and that includes Dayton Public Schools and Centerville Schools. 

Other schools have a different idea when it comes to the start of the new year. Including Beavercreek. The Beavercreek High School started this year off with another staggered start and has no mask requirements, while it is encouraged it is up to the families for who wants to wear a mask. For the elementary through sixth grade students will have to wear a mask in the door and on the bus. Schools like Kettering and Huber Heights also have the same plan as Beavercreek as what to do this year.