Marching Band Update 2022

Emma Schell, Co- Editor in Chief

As the marching band season ends in a couple weeks, let’s take a look at what they’ve done and what accomplishments they received. Their 2022 show is called “Nightmare of Horrors”. As of writing this, the band has performed at two of five of their competitions this far into the season. At Hilliard Bradley, they received the title of Grand Champion along with awards for general effect, best music, and more. At the Bands of America competition at the University of Toledo, they placed fifth out of 17 bands. It is the highest they’ve placed in a BOA competition in 20 years. They also performed at the Popcorn festival and multiple halftime shows through out the season. The show is three segments, and each one is based off of a popular horror movie. The Shining, The Birds, Nightmare on Elm Street, and many more are movies that inspired this show. Make sure to support your fellow students during their season at any one of these times: any halftime show at football games, post shows after home football games, the Ohio State competition on Saturday, October 15, the BOA competition at Lucas Oil Stadium on October 22, and finals at Piqua High School on October 30. And make sure to support the seniors of the band by being at senior night this Friday, October 14.