Tom Brady vs. Aaron Rodgers: Who is the Real G.O.A.T?

Collin Farrell, Student Journalist

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have been the face of the NFL for years, and both are considered not just the best players now, but the greatest of all time, but who is better?

Brady and Rodgers side by career stats are astounding and almost identical: Rodgers with 261.4 YPG (Yards Per Game), 2.09 TDPG (Touchdowns Per Game), and a 103.5 passer rating, and Brady averaging 262 YPG, 1.93 TDPG, and a 97.6 passer rating. Rodgers has won 2 MVP awards, one in 2011 and another in 2014, and a super bowl in 2011. Brady has won 3 MVP awards, one in 2007, one in 2010, and another in 2017 at age 40, and has won 5 super bowls along the way, which is more than 24 NFL teams and only behind the Steelers franchise who has 6. The stars may seem pretty close, especially because Brady has played 8 more years, but when push comes to shove, Brady is the greatest of all time. People try and use “the Rodgers is more clutch” card when it comes to this debate because he has had numerous game winning throws as time expired, but Brady is clutch when it matters. For instance, with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter of Super Bowl 51, the Patriots were down by 25, Brady would lead the Patriots to win this game in overtime to recap his MVP season at age 40, after everyone thought he could never be good again. The two faced off Sunday, November 4, for what may be the last time the two ever step on the same field together as the two teams are not scheduled to play again until 2022. Going into that game, people believed that Rodgers was better, the majority did at least, but Brady again shut up the haters. Brady would throw for 296 yards and a touchdown to lead the Patriots to a win against the Packers 31-17.

The debate will always continue as long as they are both playing, but there may be no definite answer on who’s better, but I can assure you, Brady is the greatest and will always be the greatest of all time.