Women’s Cross Country Wins State Title

Back to Article
Back to Article

Women’s Cross Country Wins State Title

Mark Boyd, Student Journalist

This weekend was very eventful in the world of women’s sports for Beavercreek. It started on Friday with the Women’s Soccer team winning the Division 1 State Title against Strongsville 4-2. Then on Saturday the Women’s Cross Country team competed in the State meet at 3:00 PM. The small but strong fan-base of the Beavers braved the cold and cheered on our Beavers as well as they could.

At the beginning of the race junior Taylor Ewert took a lead that she would not lose during the entirety of the race. Taylor ended up winning the race with a time of 17:38. She had this to say after the race,”I’m excited, not only to come home with the individual win but for my team as well.” The 2nd place finisher finished a whole 30+ seconds behind Taylor. The rest of the team finished as follows Savannah Roark(16), Julz Williams(21), Jodie Pierce(34), Emma Johnson(103), Kendall Hobbs(117), and the 7th place finisher on the team, who ran with 1 shoe for a large portion of the race was Bentley Barrett(118). The team did enough to win the race by a large margin of 23 points. The Centerville Elks finished second in the state with 141 points.  

The Beavercreek Women hope that they may receive an at-large bid for the Nike National race in Portland, Oregon, on December 1st.