Should We Study for Exams?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Should We Study for Exams?

Kaci Watts, student journalist

Exams are just around the corner and students are freaking out. There’s one question around this time of the year that students ask themselves: should I study for exams? The answer to this question should be YES, but do all students really study enough to succeed? I believe studying for exams is essential to get a good grade but it does depend on the class. Some classes don’t really require a person to study and there isn’t a need like many electives.  I don’t agree or recommend cramming the night before for an exam, but studying bit by bit for an exam is the key to success. Studying for multiple exams might be a bit stressful and difficult, but if you study the best way for your brain, then things will go well. Of course this varies between each student. I study well when using flashcards, Quizlet, or listening, as I am a visual and auditory learner. Junior, Juliana Grant says this: “I am a visual learner. I learn easily when a teacher is writing something out on the board.” This of course doesn’t apply to every student in high school. There are so many other ways people learn, but studying is essential to improving your test scores and will help you tremendously. I am all for studying, but there are always limits for a person. If we all learned and studied with better methods and didn’t procrastinate, then every student would get scores greater than before. So the answer to the question,“should we study for exams?” is a definite yes!