The 2019 Golden Globes

Kaci Watts, Student Journalist

NBC premiered the 2019 Golden Globes on Sunday, January 6th. Everyone who watched it has opinions on the winners and who should have really won, but I believe many of the winners deserved their awards. For example: Rami Malek deserved the award for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture.” He played his character, Freddy Mercury, in such a flawless and perfect way that truly outshined the other performers. All of the winners worked very hard on their movies, TV shows, etc. Some of the nominees didn’t work as hard while others created a better product compared to the winners. The nominees for “Best Original Song- Motion Picture” didn’t create as high quality of a product compared to “Shallow” from “A Star Is Born” in my opinion as I thought Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper did a phenomenal job in this song. The other nominees didn’t stand a chance against the powerhouse that “Shallow” is. On the other hand, the winner for “Best Television Series- Drama” didn’t create a better Television series compared to the nominee “Pose” from FX. “Pose” is a masterful work that pushes the boundaries and gives an insight to the aids crisis and gay America in the 1980s. It features many unique actors and actresses that range from being gay, transgender, colored, and many more. “Pose” deserved the award compared to the others and even the winner, “The Americans.” The 2019 Golden Globes was a memorable one for sure, but in the end, most of the winners honestly deserved their awards.