Why You Should Join the Cross Country Family

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jake Silvey, Student Journalist

Do you enjoy running? Do you want to become part of our family? Do you want to travel to cool places like Cedar Point and Niagara Falls? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the Beavercreek Cross Country team might be the place for you next fall. The cross country program at BHS consistently contends for titles on the district and state level and is one of the largest teams in Ohio. The girl’s team won the state championship last year, and over the past decade, both the boy’s and girl’s teams have competed in the state meet many times. If you want to join but don’t think you have what it takes to be a varsity level athlete, there is still a spot for you on this team if you are willing to put in the work. The real 2019 cross country season does not start until August 1st, however, there is encouraged conditioning this summer that helps in meeting your teammates and getting better as a runner. If you want to learn more about joining the cross country family, talk to Coach Russ or any athlete you know who runs cross country. Don’t be afraid to take the risk and come out for the team, you won’t regret the awesome trips, hard work, and the long-lasting friendships created during cross country season.