Times are Changing

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

Beavercreek High school has made a lot of changes with the time and schedule of the school year. The school day starts at 8:15 compared to last year which started at 7:45. This gives students 30 more minutes to sleep or get ready in the morning. I think this is an attempt to help students get more sleep everyday and be more prepared for class. Along with this the school day ends at 3:00 instead of 2:45 which is when the school day ended last year. That is only 15 minutes later so in all the day is 15 minutes shorter. Maybe Beavercreek High school is trying to get students more excited to come to school.

This time change also is supposed to help with busing and traffic. Changing when school ends and starts allows for easier busing because then the different school’s busing times don’t crossover and all schools have more access to buses. Last year, traffic around Beavercreek High school was terrible. Dayton Xenia Road, the road that connects to Beavercreek High school, was filled with cars last year and it took you forever to get to where you needed to go. Changing the time school starts and ends will help with that because in the morning less people will be going to work and other schools will have already started. At the end of the school day the traffic won’t crossover with traffic from other schools. 

Another big change to the schedule is the fact that there are different schedules for different days of the week. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays have their own schedule and Tuesdays and Thursdays have their own schedules. This is largely due to advisory period. Advisory period is a 15 minute class after first period that will be discussed in a future article. 

Make sure to follow the Beavercreek Beacon on Twitter and Instagram for more information about the school.