Girl’s Soccer Kicking into Gear

Spencer Hancock, Sports Section Editor

Last year our Girl’s soccer team competed at an extremely high level and went on to win state championships. They were undefeated throughout the entire season and performed very well in all of their games. The question is if they can do it all again for the second year in a row. 

So far, the Varsity Girl’s team has competed very well at all of their games and are currently undefeated. At their most recent game, the Varsity team won with a score of two to zero. If they keep their current record going, you can expect them to make it to the state finals for the second year in a row.

Grace Pfaffenbichler, a Junior at Beavercreek High School, said, “We’re going to keep our winning streak alive.” Many other students on the team have shown similar confidence that we will be able to keep a potentially undefeated season and make the state finals. The girls still have a lot more games left and a long season ahead of them before they can head to finals.

I’m sure we would all like to have another state championship to brag about so it’s important we all do our best to attend the girl’s soccer games. Grace also said, “Come watch our game on Wednesday.”  A greater support from their fellow peers will help them to be able to compete and the highest level they can.

Whether they end up going to the state championships or not this year, the girl’s soccer team is giving the Creek something to be proud of when it comes to our athletic programs. Make sure to follow the Beavercreek Beacon on Instagram and Twitter to see updates on their games on a more frequent basis.