Getting Ready for the Next Home Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Getting Ready for the Next Home Game

Mark Rick, Opinion Section Editor

This Friday the football team plays Wayne at home. After losing four straight, the Beavers are looking to end their losing streak. Maybe if the Beavers win against Wayne they can get back to their winning ways from the beginning of the season. 

Beavercreek started the season 2-0, but now we are 2-4 after four consecutive losses. Wayne also hasn’t had a terrific season. Their record is 1-5 with their only win against Lebanon. They are 0-3 at home and 1-2 away. 

Wayne was considered one of the best football teams last season, but this season they haven’t been doing nearly as well. It’s looking like we have a solid chance at beating wayne and we could improve our record to 3-4. We are also playing at home, so that gives us a good advantage. 

Home advantage can be critical in any game. The crowd can hype up the home team and get into the head of the opposing team. Also, the crowd cheering can get our team momentum. Along with the crowd, the marching band can play a huge role in the game. 

Our marching band is one of the biggest high school marching bands around and this can give the team a great advantage. The band plays some great music that hypes up the team. Also, the massive size of the marching band can drown out the opposing team crowd. 

With home advantage and a great marching band, the football team has a great chance to win. The two teams have a pretty even record, so these advantages could give the win to the beavers. Junior Addison Culpepper says, “I think we’ll win 34-28.” Let’s hope his prediction comes true and the team gets the win.