Finishing a Great Season

John Rick, Inside BHS Section Editor

The Beavercreek boys’ varsity soccer team finished the regular season with a record of 12-1-4. They only had one loss, which was against St. Charles. As of right now, the varsity is ranked 16th in the state and 103rd in the nation. Two years ago they won the Division 1 State Championship, and they are hoping to repeat that again this year. 

Their most recent game was against Butler on October 22. The boys won the game with a score of 6-0. St. Charles remains the only team that has beaten the boys varsity soccer team so the team is looking like they could go far.

The Beavercreek boys’ varsity team is playing in the district finals after their win against Butler on October 22. If they win this game, they would go on to play in the regional round and after that they would play in the state semifinals and finals. 

Gavin Coots, Pete Schneider, and Jack Towers were all on varsity when the team won the state championship. Hopefully their experience will help the team in the tournament. Shivan Bahl, a Junior at Beavercreek High School, predicts that the team “at least makes it to the State-Semis.” 

Their next game is this Saturday, October 26, against Lakota East. The Beavercreek boys varsity soccer team is the number one seed while Lakota East is a number five seed, so the Beavers should win. 

If the boys win this Saturday, they would go on to play the winner of Elder (a number seven seed) versus Centerville (a four seed). Centerville should win that game. Beavercreek versus Centerville would be a rivalry matchup because they play each other every year and usually are fighting for the Greater Western Ohio Conference (GWOC) title.

Hopefully the boys soccer team can keep their winning streak going with the leadership of their seniors.