What Students Want in a New School

Mark Rick, Opinion Section Editor

There is a new plan out that proposes a new high school to be built in Beavercreek. The community will have a chance to vote on it before it becomes reality. If the plans approved what should be featured in the new school? I think the most important things that should be added to the new school be a bigger band and choir room, more windows, more color, a bigger, 360 parking lot around the school, and a bigger athletic wing. 

A bigger music wing is important to add because of the size of our band and choir. Our band has over 300 members and show choir has over a 100 members between the singers, dancers, and stage crew. This doesn’t include band and choir classes in school. Overall, a bigger music wing will help support Beavercreek’s massive music program. 

I think that more windows should be added to the new school. In addition to more windows, I think the school should be more colorful. Windows will allow natural sunlight into the school and it will give a better view from classrooms. If we add more color, it will help create a better environment. Adding more color and more windows to the new school would be a great idea. 

Another addition for the new school should be a 360 parking lot around the school, so you can get from one side of the school to the other. With a 360 parking lot students could go from the athletic parking lot to the north a lot or vice versa. A bigger parking lot could also be helpful, so parking spots don’t run out and so students don’t have to park in the overflow lot. Sophomore Ethan Hsu says, “A 360 parking lot would make it easier to go from one side of the school to the other and a bigger parking lot would make it easier to get out of the parking lot because it provides more space.” A bigger, 360 parking lot would also make getting out of the parking lot a lot easier at the end of the day. 

Many times the athletic hallway is very crowded with all the sports teams there. The trainer’s room also gets very crowded with all the athletes trying to see the trainers. For these reasons it would be beneficial to add a bigger athletic hallway and trainers room.