What’s the Best Candy – Reese’s

Back to Article
Back to Article

What’s the Best Candy – Reese’s

Spencer Hancock, Sports Section Editor

Halloween is a great time of year for all kids and adults. It’s a perfect opportunity to have fun with your friends while dressing up and getting candy. Candy, of course, is a big part of Halloween and everyone has their own favorite candies. Out of all the candies the Resee’s Peanut Butter Cup is the most popular and overall the best candy available on Halloween.

According to a recent survey by Monmouth University thirty-six percent said that their favorite candy bar was the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. The second most popular candy was Twix, which only received eighteen percent of the vote. Clearly the Reese’s candy comes out as a clear winner with double the percentage of the next closest candy.

Reese’s is especially popular because it’s creamy peanut butter taste that appeals to so many people. Matthew Macdonald, a junior at Beavercreek High School, said, “I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They’re my favorite candy.” Many other students agree with this statement and also love Reese’s candy.

Other candies such as Kitkats, Twixes, and Snickers are also popular candies, but they do not have the same popularity as Reese’s. What makes Reese’s so popular is that it is so unique and there are not that many candies similar to it. There are many crunchy chocolate candy bars that are very similar to each other, but no other candy matches the creamy peanut butter Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.

Reese’s Pieces are another candy which Reese’s make that taste amazing. After breaking through the crunchy shell you get a taste of the nice creamy inside. These small candies are another great candy that Reese’s makes that tastes great and is a favorite of many people.

Overall Reese’s is the most popular candy for a reason. It’s creamy peanut butter taste and unique style makes it stand out above other candies and remain a favorite throughout generations.