Introducing New Movies

Preston Hancock, Student Life Section Editor

Everyone is always looking for another good movie to watch, and people sometimes don’t want to rewatch any movies that they have already seen.  Well, luckily for you, there are a lot of great new movies coming up in the next month or two.

Coming out this Friday is “Doctor Sleep,” “Honey Boy,” “Klaus,” and “Last Christmas.”  “Doctor Sleep” is a movie based on the sequel to the Stephen King novel “The Shining.” It follows a grown-up who has developed psychic powers and alcohol problems, and encounters a teenager with psychic powers of her own.  “Honey Boy” takes on a different approach and is about Shia LaBeouf’s childhood and his relationship with his father.  

As you can probably guess, the movie “Klaus” is about Santa Claus, except that is interesting in the fact that it is said to be a “Santa Claus origin story” about a selfish young postman.  “Last Christmas” is more of a romantic comedy movie about a woman working at a Christmas supply store.

The movies that have created the most excitement that are coming out in the next few months include “Frozen 2,” “Jumanji: The Next Level,” “Cats,” and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.”  “Frozen 2,” coming out November 22, certainly should not be a surprise as it has been a much awaited sequel to the popular movie Frozen. There is no doubt that it will be must-see movie. Junior Emily Macbeth says, “I actually enjoyed Frozen so I’m excited to see the sequel.”  Similarly, “Jumanji: The Next Level,” coming out December 13, is also a sequel and includes almost the exact same cast with Karen Gillan, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, and The Rock. Coming out December 20, “Cats” is a movie based off of the award winning broadway musical. Even though the trailer has raised a lot of questions, the cast is filled with amazing people such as Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, and James Cordon that make it a must-watch movie.  Finally, coming out on December 20, “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is much awaited movie that is sure to attract a very large audience as it is the final installment in the third Star Wars trilogy.