Snow is Already Falling

John Rick, Inside BHS Editor

As you probably know, Beavercreek, Ohio, faced its first snowfall on Monday, November 11, 2019. The snowfall reached around 3 inches. This seems like an early time to be getting that much snow, but it might not be.

The most snow that Beavercreek has had in the month of November is 12.7 inches. That intense snowfall for the month of November happened in the year 1950. Obviously we haven’t had that amount of snow in November in a long time. 

Maybe this year will break the record due to our recent snowfall. Already Beavercreek almost has one-fourth of the record snowfall for Beavercreek. If Beavercreek gets three or four more good snowfalls, then the record could be broken. 

After looking at the November forecast, I found that only two more days of snowfall are expected to come in the rest of November. In order to reach the record, we would need nine inches of snow between two days. Another way it could happen would be if there was a day of snow that wasn’t on the weather forecast. 

Some Beavercreek residents are happy about the snow while others are not. Kendall Hobbs, a junior at Beavercreek High School said, “If it’s gonna be cold, it better snow.” Students at Beavercreek are clearly looking forward to possible snow days in the future.